
A sad turn of events as reported by The Trouble With Spikol.
More information can be found by clicking here.
A quote from the Fairbanks Daily News - Miner:
“People who are mentally ill, who are trying to avoid the unjust stigma on mentally ill people, it’s an awful setback,” he [Billings] said.
2 comments:
Judge throws out murder charge
Juneau Empire
FAIRBANKS - A Fairbanks judge threw out a murder charge against a man with a history of mental illness.
Superior Court Judge Robert Downes dismissed the charge against Brian Galbraith, 51, instead ordering the attorney general's office to begin the process of committing him to a mental hospital.
Galbraith was accused of stabbing and killing a mental health worker last year at a mental health facility.
Authorities said Galbraith suffers from paranoid schizophrenia. They said he killed 32-year-old Genine Holznagel-Leary by stabbing her in the back and slitting her throat.
Galbraith has been in psychiatric care since the 1980s.
Comment from Brigitte Jeter:
In any way of this case, it is very sad. I feel deep sadness for the family of Genine. I was Genine's best friend and it is hard to deal with a dismissal of a case when he cleary commited murder. We all have to realize that this man was not well in his mind and the best place for him is in a high security facility where he would never have access to a knife or any other objects. I feel it should be maximum security. Sometimes, it is hard to comprehend why someone could do such a horrible crime. I have learned never to ask WHY? Things happen for a reason and we have to accept what God has given us. We all cannot turn back time. The crime has been commited. He is not mentally sane to be sent to jail, he needs to be commited to a facility where he is heavily monitored. I think of a best friend that I lost, it hurts me deeply and I will alway have that feeling of emptiness in my heart. Anyone that knows Genine, she would want us to be strong, happy and remember all of the good times. She was a real sweetheart and she loved to help people. She passed by doing what she loved most, helping others. Her life was taken suddenly and in a horrible way but we must always remember that this man was not well and he had not been well for a long period of time. I personally blame the institute that Genine was working for to allow this man to have access to a knife and staffing issues. Genine should have never been left alone with someone that can be this violent and has a past with threatening of knives. I pray everyday for the comfort and happiness of Genine's Family. May God bless them and help them ease the pain. Sincerely, Brigitte Jeter jeterslovejesus@aol.com
Today is 2 years since the passing of Genine. There is not a moment that has gone past that I do not think of her. She was one of those friends that will never be forgotten. I feel so sad when I think that her life was taken away at such an early age. I miss her deeply. I wish I had one more day with her, just one more day. I know that it is not possible but I always think back of all of the fun times that we had. I want to always keep her in my heart and never forget her, as I know that she would never forget me. God bless you Genine, may you be resting in peace. May Comfort be given to the family and friends during this time of remembering her. I feel so blessed of the time that I have spent with her. Thank you God for allowing many of us to know Genine as she is unforgettable.
Sincerely,
Brigitte Jeter
jeterslovejesus@aol.com
Post a Comment