Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sale on the novel: "Playing the Genetic Lottery"




An email received by the SSNS today from Terri Morgan, author of the novel Playing the Genetic Lottery:
May is Mental Health Awareness month in the United States, and as an author of a novel about schizophrenia and an advocate for reducing the stigmas surrounding mental health issues, I've offering a special on my novel. Would you please share this information with your members? I think they would appreciate hearing about this great discount on a book that validates many of their experiences.

Thanks, Terri

As you know, understanding mental illness is one of the big keys to reducing the stigmas that surround it. The stigmas that prevent people from talking about mental illness, and even worse, prevent people from seeking help when they need it. One out of every four people will be affected by mental health issues at one point in their lifetime.

In my mind, that makes it even more urgent to educate people about mental illnesses and dispel many of the myths and misconceptions surrounding it.

As the author of a novel about schizophrenia, I worked hard to weave in accurate information about mental illness and the impact it has on families into my book in an effort to raise compassion for people who are living with mental illness and reduce some of the stigmas.

That's why I'm offering a special price to people who download my novel, Playing the Genetic Lottery, during the month of May in honor of Mental Health Awareness Month in the United States. From May 1-31, people can download my book, which is a fictional memoir about a woman who grew up with two parents living with mental illness, for just CDN $1.01. To take advantage of this special, please click here.

For more information about the novel, please check out my website at terrimorgan.net.

Why reduce the price by 2/3rds? Because reducing the stigmas, to me, is more important than making a few extra dollars on each sale.

Also see:

Book Review by Ashley Smith

Playing the Genetic Lottery | Psych Central

No comments: